Sunday, June 24, 2012

What's in Our Sandwiches?

Tuna is not something new in our family, it being a staple in our viands and sandwich fillings. Let me share with you my sandwich filling recipe.  
In opting for a healthier alternative, instead of the usual mayonnaise, it's Nestle Creamy Yogurt (and thankfully, well-received by hubby and kids) for us.  For a crunchy feel, I add chopped onions (nutritious too!). I would have also added minced pickles, except that we didn't have a bottle available in our home kitchen.


Drain the tuna, add the chopped onions and the yogurt.  Then mix, mix, mix! Btw, it has been my practice not to add salt if one of the ingredients is a processed food. In this case, since it's canned tuna, that means salt's been added already.  So I see no need to add more.  Add black pepper to taste.


 This is the finished product. 

 Tuna filling between 2 slices of wheat bread.  
Based on my experience, a 15-oz can of canned tuna yields 16-18 sandwiches.


No comments:

Post a Comment