Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Gift to an Endearing Friend


With my brother from Iloilo City (in town for a short visit) and a friend's birthday earlier this month were enough reasons for me to visit one of my favorite gift shops, Papemelroti.  Blessed to have their main branch so near our place.

So what you see above are the two items that I got for this endearing friend of mine.  It's a card that says, "Let your light shine"  and a "Mother" coaster.  If I thought picking a gift for her was hard, I realized that the harder part is writing the dedication.  Got 'em gifts 2 nights ago and I still haven't come around to wrapping it because I found myself at a loss about the dedication part.  This friend and I have shared tons and tons of life's experiences.  We have been friends for the past twenty-five years (25) and our kids are in the same age bracket  and are also friends.  One of the greatest things when you reach my age is that when you talk about a friend that goes a long way back, you can mean it literally.

I'm writing about this in the hope that I'd get some inspiration.  Sounds like too much of a big deal?  Maybe, but hey, I cannot bring myself to take relationships like this for granted.  So here I am wracking my brains.  

In the mean time, let me share the three quotes on the "Mother" coaster:
*A mother is a forever friend.*
*A mother's love is the heart of the home.*
*A garden of love blooms in a mother's heart.*

And here I am back to the drawing board, as they say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment