Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Loving Surprises and Hating Democracy

Did a friend of a friend a favor and yesterday, as generous and thoughtful act of returning that favor, this friend of a friend surprised me with this
'
Overjoyed that it's a pack of purely dark chocolate! Dark chocolate is everyone's favorite at home (I've been a dark chocolate fan for the longest time).  
This is the "loving surprises" part.

Hubby and I have two grown children at home (ages 19 and 14).  Almost everything about them is "adult."  Well, maybe because even when they were kids, we treated them like adults in every possible way, foremost of which was valuing their inputs.  Mind you though, we believe in the Biblical principles (read: using the rod then was part of our disciplining process, now they're too old for that).  Anyway, the "adult" that I mean here is that we divide food, in this case, this pack of Hershey's miniatures into equal parts.  After opening the pack, the first thing to do was to count how many pieces are inside.  Can you guess?  ... 
So this


Became this


And that is what I mean when I said "hating democracy"!

Parenting is certainly the most challenging of 'em all (once a parent, always a parent).   As a Mom, I try my best to teach my kids life lessons every chance I get.  This one's about sharing.

How's your week coming along?   

No comments:

Post a Comment